SMASH LEGENDS — Rules of Conduct
Effective Date [15th of 03, 2022]
These Rules of Conduct govern both in-game behavior and certain out-of-game conduct relating to player use of SMASH LEGENDS(hereinafter referred to as “Game”) provided by 5minlab Corp.(“Company”). These Rules of Conduct are aimed to regulate necessary requirements of user behavior in a consistent manner to cope with various situations that may arise in the process of providing the Game. These Rules of Conduct supplement, and shall be read together with, the Terms of Service [link] that apply to the Game. Matters not specifically mentioned in the Rules of Conduct shall be treated in accordance with the Terms of Service and laws of the relevant jurisdiction.
- Changes to Rules of Conduct
Company reserves the right to change these Rules of Conduct at any time within its sole discretion. If Company decides to change Rules of Conduct, Company will notify effective date, revised contents and reasons for revision at least 7 days prior to the effective date through Company homepage (https://smashlegends.com/). If changes we make are regarded as serious matter or may be unfavorable to you, we will notify you from 30 days prior to the changes. If a user fails to comply with revised Rules of Conduct after the last revision date, it is not Company’s responsibility to compensate any loss incurred due to lack of awareness from the user.
- Duties and Responsibilities of 5minlab
1) Company will endeavor to eradicate misconducts described in the Rules of Conduct to ensure that the users can enjoy playing the game.
2) Company will not ask you for your password.
3) Company receives feedback on all types of bugs and errors through Company’s official customer support center and official community, and Company will be committed to promptly review and correct bugs and errors.
4) Company will not intervene or engage in activities and disputes between and/or among end users in relation to the Game.
5) Company may restrict some or all of the game services if Company determines, in its sole discretion, that such unusual or unintended situations hinder enjoyment of the gameplay.
6) If you or a group of users do anything that interferes with or adversely affects any services provided by Company, or that violates the Rules of Conduct, Company shall, consistent with the Penalty Criteria Table for Misconduct set forth below, restrict service usage.
- End User’s Responsibilities and Rights
1) You are obliged to understand and comply with Company’s Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct.
2) The company reserves all rights about in-game data (characters, items, game currency, etc.) created by you when using the game service, and you have a limited license to use in-game data consistent with the Terms of Service.
3) If you are unfairly treated or incurred harm using the game service, you have the right to appeal and correct Company through legitimate methods and procedures. If you have been unfairly treated or harmed by another customer, you have the right to notify and ask other users to comply with Rules of Conduct.
4) You have an obligation to be fully informed about the information that Company officially announces, and Company shall not be responsible for any damages incurred due to lack of awareness about the announcements.
5) You are not allowed to generate any profit using the game service without prior approval from Company.
6) You may not use the information obtained through Game such as copying, duplication, modification, translation, publishing or otherwise providing this information to others without prior consent from Company.
7) You may be liable for distributing false information not officially announced by Company in any manner that is likely to cause confusion to other end users.
8) You should notify Company of any glitches (such as bugs, system errors, illegal programs, etc.) of the game service and must not exploit and/or propagate such information to other users. If you discover any vulnerability, do not disclose it to Company and forward it to another person, you may be subject to restrictions to the use of the game services in accordance with the Rules of Conduct, which is regarded as intentional misconduct.
9) You can make inquiries, suggestions and requests related to game services through following channels.
– Customer Support Center: email@example.com/+82-70-420-8253
– As a general rule, we will respond promptly to inquiries, suggestions, requests, feedback you have given through Customer Center. However, the response may be delayed if there is a heavy workload.
- Policies for Misconduct
In order to provide a fair and pleasant gaming experience for all users, Company has defined policies which all users need to comply with when using our service. All users playing the Game must comply with the following rules.
1) Do Not Use Unauthorized Programs or Hardware Devices
If you use unauthorized programs or hardware devices that are not permitted by Company that promote unfair game play using specific mouse or other hardware device (collectively “Unauthorized Programs or Devices”), you may be subject to strong penalties, such as permanent game ban and restrictions of using the Service on your hardware devices. If you develop, advertise, trade or distribute unauthorized programs or hardware, Company may take legal action against you, may seek relief from judicial authorities, may make an investigation in accordance with relevant laws, as well as impose penalties within the game.
2) Do Not Modify the Game Client, Servers or Game Data
Unauthorized changes to the Game client (“ini” file modification, etc.), servers, or data (such as packets) are actions that interfere with game services and violate copyright laws. You must not engage in these actions.
3) Do Not Exploit Vulnerabilities in the Game (Bugs and Glitches)
Users exploiting errors and bugs found while playing the Game will be liable for serious penalties, and we reserve the right to take action against those who take unfair advantage through official procedures and acquired game currency and items will be removed.
4) Do Not Use Inappropriate Nicknames
Offensive nicknames or those that may provoke negative imagery are considered to be violating the Rules of Conduct and appropriate action may be taken against users who create them.
- A nickname that is sexually explicit or obscene;
- A nickname that is made with the intention to impersonate Company or our staff;
- A nickname that is discriminatory in nature;
- A nickname that may infringe on the trademark or copyright of a third party;
- A nickname that is sensitive or causes offence for any other reason not mentioned above;
In addition, if you change a few letters of an inappropriate nickname, or try to construct nicknames that are cleverly inappropriate by mixing other characters before and after the letters, your nickname will be immediately changed without your consent and/or penalty measures will be taken.
5) Do Not Use Inappropriate Language
① Do not use inappropriate language such as profanity, insults, or verbal abuse.
Any conduct which we determine to be offensive to other users or likely to generate negative perceptions will be considered to be violating the Rules of Conduct, and will be subject to penalties.
- Use of profanity or offensive slang, etc.
- Expressions or behaviors that are sexually harassing, such as obscene words or sexual descriptions
- Belittling, mocking or criticizing specific regions, religions, races, or individuals with disabilities, etc.
- Expressions or behaviors that are threatening or intend to cause fear
- Causing discomfort or aversion to users by using expressions or communicating in a manner prohibited by other terms and conditions of use
② Do not flood chats.
Any conduct which we determine to be interfering with the use of the chat by posting excessive content in the chat window or repetitively posting the same content in the chat window will be subject to restrictions in the use of the system.
6) Do Not Attempt Cash Transactions
Any conduct that we determine to be an attempted cash transaction will be subject to penalties. This refers to any act that we determine to have the intention of pursuing cash or in-kind transactions by using a nickname or a name generated under a game mode designated by the user, attempting or advertising account transactions, or transacting cash or in-kind through a nickname, etc.
7) Do Not Promote or Advertise
Any conduct that we determine to be promoting or advertising any contents that are not related to the game or Company will be subject to penalty. This includes any act that we determine to constitute using the game service for the purpose of advertising or a purpose other than the original purposes of the game service, such as for profit, sales, advertising, or promotion.
8) Do Not Publish Personal Information
Penalties may be imposed if you publish information that personally identifies another (e.g. disclosing personal information of others to third parties or making it publicly available), which is regarded as an act that violates privacy.
9) Do Not Manipulate Gameplay Results
Strong penalties may be imposed on those who manipulate the results of the game in an unfair way, by taking unfair advantage in exchange for cash, goods and/or services, manipulating additional accounts in addition to their own account. Those who get caught may end up losing all acquired in-game items.
10) Do Not Steal Another User’s Account
A user may not attempt or gain access to another user’s account. Where such activity has been detected, the user may be banned and/or access to the user’s own information and account may be restricted.
11) Do Not Trade/Sell Accounts
Measures will be taken against the act of accessing accounts that are not in your possession and trading or selling the accounts or its game data without the company’s written approval.
12) Do Not Disturb Business Operations
Users who spread false information, abuse the customer service platform, impersonate an employee, create and spread rumors, or conduct any other acts that disturb the company’s normal business operations may be permanently banned from the game depending on the seriousness of the misconduct.
13) Do Not Play the Game Abnormally
If any abnormal gameplay patterns have been detected that are impossible to be performed in our Game, measures could be taken against the account that performed such action in order to create a fair gameplay environment.
14) Other Undefined Misconduct
Any action which is not defined in the Rules of Conduct that negatively impacts the delivery of Company’s services or negatively affects other players may be subject to warning and penalty through careful review of the circumstances.
- Penalty Criteria for Misconduct
1) The forgoing Penalty Criteria is used to protect the customer’s enjoyment while playing the game.
2) If you fail to comply with the Rules of Conduct, you may be restricted from using the service without prior notice in accordance with Penalty Criteria for Misconduct
3) If your violation goes over the final attempt listed in the table below, permanent ban applies.
4) If you violate any of the criteria listed in the table below and your ID is listed in rank mode, your ID may be temporarily or permanently removed from the rank.
- Penalty Criteria Table For Misconduct
Maximum Penalty Period
Using, advertising, developing, trading, or distributing unauthorized programs or hardware devices.
Exploitation of vulnerabilities (bugs and glitches)
Usage of inappropriate language for belittling, mocking or criticizing specific regions, religions, races, or individuals with disabilities, etc.
Usage of inappropriate nicknames
Interference of gameplay
Publishing personal information
Manipulating Gameplay Results
Stealing and using other users’ accounts
Disruption of business operations (spread of false information, abuse of customer service platform, impersonation of employees, creation and spread of rumors, etc.)
5) We define exploiting bugs and glitches as an act which involves acquiring game currency and virtual items by exploiting bugs and glitches in the system.
6) Generally, the company considers the Maximum Penalty Period set forth in the “Penalty Criteria for Misconduct” chart as the most severe penalty for the corresponding action; however, depending on the seriousness of the misconduct, the imposed penalty may become more or less severe, up to and including legal action taken against a player.
7) The Company may restrict users from running the game if misconduct was found from a specific hardware device in order to maintain fair gaming environment.
8) Any game currency, items, and other character-related data can be removed if they have been obtained through misconduct; and depending on the seriousness of the misconduct, not only the character data of what has been obtained, but also the user’s entire character data may be deleted.
- Recovery policy
We are unable to recover any losses that arise from not following the rules of conduct, in-game notices, homepage notices, policies, game systems, etc.
- Gem Operation Policy
Gem (hereinafter referred to as “Gem”) is an in-game currency used to purchase items serviced by the company. When you purchase Gem, you are purchasing a license to use Gem to make in-game purchases. Gem has no monetary value, and you do not own Gem. You cannot transfer Gem to other users, and you cannot redeem Gem for any type of actual currency or fiat money.
1) “Paid Gem” refers to Gem that was purchased using real-world currency or Gem that was included in the bundle product. Users can cancel their purchase in accordance with Paragraph 7 of this Article.
2) “Bonus Gem and Credit” refers to Gem and Credit that are obtained after completing missions from an event or royal pass in the game and not purchased with real-world currency. Bonus Gem and Credit is non-refundable and cannot be canceled.
3) Gem top-up is available through the payment service operated by the third-party platform providers. Users can top up Gem in the units set by the company.
4) Users can purchase in-game items within the amount of Gem they have and item prices will be deducted from Gem immediately after making a purchase.
5) “Paid Gem ” is valid for 1 years from the day of the purchase.
6) “Bonus Gem and Credit ” is valid for 1 year from the day of the purchase in principle, but it is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
7) Canceling the purchase of paid Gem is applied with Refund Policy of the Terms of Service. Payments made with bonus Gem and Credit cannot be canceled. In the case of products purchased with paid or bonus Gem, if it has not been used, users can cancel the purchase within 14 days. However, depending on the consumer protection laws of each country, the period of canceling the purchase may be different. Also, there may be limitation on canceling the purchase if the user falls under one of the following items.
① If a user’s account is banned in violation of the applicable laws and the company’s Terms and Conditions such as the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct with illegal acts that have a severe impact on gameplay
② If the company’s Terms and Conditions such as Terms of Service or Rules of Conduct or an applicable purchase condition states it is non-refundable
③ If the Gem is given as a reward for participating in an event or a prize of an event
8) If a user forges, falsifies, steals or illegally obtains or uses Gem, the user will be penalized.
This Rules of Conduct has been translated into other languages for the convenience of the players. In case of any discrepancies between the English version and the other versions, the English version shall prevail. However, Korean Rules of Conduct shall prevail for Korean players.