One of the features of SMASH LEGENDS is the competitive battles with unique legends in various arenas.
Depending on legend choices, maps, and game rules, legends will be put into various situations.
The criteria the Dev team look at for balance changes in various cases is as follows.
Not all legends have to be of equal strength all the time.
- Not all legends have to be of equal strength all the time. Even for the same Legend, there are strong and weak situations depending on the conditions.
- In any mode, there must be at least more than two and above strongest legends .
- In any map, there must be at least two and above strongest legends.
- Any legend must be strong in at least one mode.
- Depending on players’ skill level, whether a legend is strong or weak changes.
In that case, between middle and high skill base, the standard we are looking at is based on whichever that shows more over power.
For example, Kaiser is powerful in a narrow map as he can blow foes far with a strong knockback.
If the strength is too strong, this could lead to Kaiser’s nerf. Therefore, he could be weak in wider maps compared to other legends.
However, due to this change, we do not want legends to lose their unique feature.
So, in general, when we do balance changes, the Dev team is approaching with caution as follows.
- Each legend should have strong and weak points respectively and it should be clear.
- When we buff or nerf legends, we are trying to proceed in a way that makes both strong and weak points of each legend as clear as possible.
- However, there can be a case where a specific strong point is considered very unreasonable for other players.
In that case, the legend’s strong point could be weakened at some point for improving the game experience.
With these standards we follow when we have a balance patch,
the Dev team’s goal is to further strengthen the characteristics of each legend, and to make the synergy and counter pick clearer.
As a result of this, each legend should have its own unique feature.
Also, we aim for various legends to be played in various maps and modes.
Below data is one of the criteria we have taken notes for June 22 Balance changes.
With Dominion data, you may check aspects in 3v3. With Duel data, you can see 1v1 aspects.
Also, for you to check how the win rate changes depending on each player’s skill base, we would like to show you Top 10% of the player’s data.
In real balance changes, we consider more various modes, situations, and combinations of legends.
To share accurate information with you Smashers faster, we are providing the below information first.
In the future, we plan to share a wider range of information.