7/5 Balance Update Notes
[Changes in Legends]
“Knocking back opponents is one of SMASH LEGENDS’ core identities.
In the newly switched main mode, Team Touchdown, knockback’s presence is stronger than it ever was in Dominion. Thus, getting knocked back is going to put a ton of stress on those getting hit.
In this update, knockback distance proportional to HP is reduced by about 30%.
This change makes sure that you still get the excitement of knocking back opponents while reducing the stress they get.”
“Legends’ hit boxes are edited to better fit with their appearances. Some Legends have had hit boxes comparatively smaller or larger than their actual size. Through this change, hitting and getting hit will feel more intuitive.”
[Bunny-Bunny Magic Mine]
- Cooldown decreased. 8 s → 6 s
- Mine duration decreased. 5 s → 3.5 S
“Planted mines last shorter, but the changes allow Alice to plant them wherever she wants more frequently. Her zoning playstyle may have weakened, but her ability to place mines at the right place and right time to keep her opponent at bay is stronger than ever.”
- Change: Mine duration decreased. 5 s → 3.5 s
- Damage increased when used as Aerial Attack. 400 → 500
“Don Quixote’s attacks are made stronger overall. He’s still slow, but he now has more opportunities to charge into his opponents. Also, Don Quixote’s Aerial Attack is buffed so anyone who allows him to execute this attack will be greatly punished.”
- Cooldown decreased. 6 s → 5 s
- HP decreased. 3500 → 3200
“Transforming into Swan now increases her max HP. Even though Ducky’s HP is low, when she successfully transforms into Swan, she will be able to jump back into battle with a higher health pool.”
- Max HP increased by 30% when transformed into Swan.
- Restores HP based on Ducky’s HP when transforming into Swan.
“Flare is a Marksman, but had low damage output. For her to be used in various other modes, we increased her base damage.”
- Damage increased when used as Ground Attack. 300 → 400
- Damage increased when used as Aerial Attack. 300 → 400
“Flare’s Ultimate gauge has been changed to charge similarly to other Legends.”
- Cooldown increased. 1500 → 1900
- Ultimate gauge greatly increased when hit.
“Kurenai is an Assassin ninja capable of taking out opponents with his super fast speed. However, his damage output was slightly disappointing to be called an Assassin. Therefore, Kurenai’s attacks all got buffs to deal more critical damage.”
[Art of Ao]
- Damage increased. 700 → 1000
[Art of Wind]
- Total damage increased when used as Aerial Attack. 500 → 600
“Witch Queen is a Legend who specializes in aerial attacks to the ground and uses crowd control to defeat her opponents. She doesn’t need strong ground attacks, but we boosted her attack speed just enough to protect herself.”
- Overall attack speed of Ground Attack decreased by approximately 0.153 s.
- The attack speed of the first Ground Attack decreased by approximately 0.017 s.
- Cooldown decreased. 1750 → 1500
- Ground Skill knockback increased by approximately 10%.
- When used after charging Skill, knockback increased by approximately 10%.
- Aerial Skill knockback increased by approximately 20%.
“Yong Yong is a Vanguard with the ability to charge in quickly and turn the tide of battle.” We have improved Yong Yong in general to give it more presence in battle. Yong Yong can zip across the map and lead its team to victory, especially when combined with the recently buffed Ultimate Ability.”
- Cooldown decreased. 1400 → 1100
- Cooldown increased when Skill gets canceled.
“Octavia is a Support with exceptional healing abilities. However, she struggled to use her Ultimate in urgent situations, or heal injured allies. Although her Ultimate’s heal amount has been decreased, she is now able to use it more frequently in appropriate situations.”
- Cooldown decreased. 1250 → 800
- Heal Amount decreased. 1800 → 1200
“As she is not able to use her Ultimate more frequently, her Ultimate Ability has also been adjusted.”
- Before: A water droplet explodes when using Ultimate, leaving behind a healing circle that lasts for 3.8 s and heals for a fixed amount of 280/310/340/370/400 HP per second.
- After: A water droplet explodes when using Ultimate, leaving behind a healing circle that lasts for 3.8 s and heals for a fixed amount of 200/225/250/275/300 HP per second.
“Robin’s Ultimate gauge has been changed to charge similarly to other Legends.”
- Cooldown increased. 350 → 500
- Ultimate gauge greatly increased when hit.
- Ultimate gauge increased rate after successful attack.
“When Zeppetta uses her enhanced attack, her super armor now applies. Despite the fact that almost every Legend’s knockback has been reduced, we have adjusted her knockback and enhanced Ultimate to keep Zeppetta’s strong punch relatively the same.”
- Ultimate gauge increased. 650 → 700
- Super armor duration increased by approximately 0.3 s.
- Enhanced Ultimate knockback increased by approximately 40%.
[This is IT!]
- Cooldown increased. 1100 → 1250
“Hook is a Marksman who moves swiftly and has a high damage output which made her hard to deal with for some Legends. We have slightly lowered her speed and Skill range, making it harder for Hook to utilize her long range than before.”
- Movement Speed decreased. 5.7 → 5.6
- Ground Skill range decreased by 1.2 m.
- When enhanced with Ultimate, drone’s support fire range decreased by 1.2 m.
- Fixed an issue where Yong Yong’s Ultimate Ability did not work as intended.
- Fixed an issue where using the Ultimate would not apply its max Movement Speed limit when equipping the Fraudulent Specifications Ability.
- Fixed an issue where Molly could not execute consecutive counter attacks after the recent buff to her Ultimate.