5/24 Balance Update Notes
“Alice is a Legend whose cooldowns are always on countdown. Due to her mines lasting a long time, placing them ahead of time makes playing her easy while also putting pressure on the opponents.
However, Legends with fast Movement Speed can easily disarm Alice’s mines. If the opposing team consists of quick and agile Legends, Alice can employ a different strategy instead of just planting mines. Her Abilities have been adjusted to greatly increase her Basic Attack while she holds onto her mines. With her improved Ability, if Alice uses her mines carefully to cut off the opponents’ momentum in critical moments, Alice will be able to deal substantial amounts of damage with her strengthened basic attack, thus making it more difficult for the opponent to find a chance against her mines.”
- Before: When Skill is ready, increases Basic Attack damage by 40/45/50/55/60%.
- After: When Skill is ready, increases Basic Attack damage by 58/66/74/82/90%.
- Before: Increases Movement Speed by 6/7/8/9/10%.
- After: Increases Movement Speed by 8/9/10/11/12%.
[This is IT!]
“Goldie is a Legend who uses her Ultimate to heal massive amounts of HP for sprayed targets. This type of clutch play, however, is difficult, and Goldie’s low Attack makes charging her Ultimate even more challenging. We adjusted Goldie’s Ultimate so that players could use it more frequently in battle.”
- Cooldown decreased. 1300 → 1100
“We increased Nui’s Abilities that were not used as often to encourage various playing styles with her.”
[Let the Sun Shine]
- Before: Decreases Movement Speed of opponents hit by Aerial Attack by 28/31/34/38/40% for 2 s.
- After: Decreases Movement Speed of opponents hit by Aerial Attack by 28/31/34/38/40% for 3 s.
- Before: Increases Movement Speed of you and your allies by 6/7/8/9/10% for 3 s when stepping on the Skill circle.
- After: Increases Movement Speed of you and your allies by 12/14/16/18/20% for 3 s when stepping on the Skill circle.
- Before: Decreases Skill cooldown by 0.13/0.15/0.16/0.18/0.2 s for every successful Basic Attack against an opponent.
- After: Decreases Skill cooldown by 0.13/0.2/0.27/0.34/0.4 s for every successful Basic Attack against an opponent.
“Most players who face Rapunzel believe that her Ground Skill’s stun is her most dangerous attack. However, Rapunzel was originally designed to have a strong anti-air, with an Aerial Attack to Aerial Skill combo against mid-air Legends that proved difficult to execute. This was due to the knockback from the Aerial Attack causing the opponent to be launched higher than Rapunzel’s Aerial Skill range, making it difficult to connect. Now, her Aerial Skill is adjusted so that she can hit targets in mid-air with ease.”
- Moves approximately 0.7 m more when using Aerial Skill.
- Jumps approximately 0.5 m higher when using Aerial Skill.
“Wukong has joined SMASH LEGENDS as a Fighter Legend who will take your place immediately after smashing you away. Wukong’s Ground Skill range was initially limited because it could be combined with his Aerial Attack and Ultimate. However, it was determined that his Ground Skill was too difficult to use, so it was changed to be easier to hit. Wukong’s presence in the Arena is also strengthened as his Aerial Skill has been improved, allowing him to glide further and hit multiple opponents at once.”
[Master of the Staff]
- Fixed an issue where the opponent could interrupt when the stun wore off between Wukong’s first and second attack.
- Active time for Aerial Attack increased by 0.017 s.
- Ground Skill charge distance increased by approximately 0.5 m.
- Aerial Skill charge distance increased by approximately 0.5 m.
“Zeppetta is a swift, infighter Legend with short ranged attacks. Although she is likely to take a beating due to her short range, her Ultimate provides the perfect retaliation by charging at an enemy and sending her target flying out of the Arena. However, due to her average Movement Speed and low HP, as well as her lack of attack opportunities, players would feel uneasy tanking the opponents’ attacks. Therefore, her HP and Movement Speed are increased, allowing her to dive right into the action.”
- HP increased. 3500 → 3700
- Movement Speed increased. 5.4 → 5.6
“In comparison to her preconditions, Zeppetta’s Ultimate Ability did little damage. We have increased her damage output so Zeppetta can annihilate her foes with her devastating damage and knockback.”
- Before: Increases damage of all attacks by 28/31/34/37/40% for 3 s upon being hit while using Ultimate.
- After: Increases damage of all attacks by 30/35/40/45/50% for 3 s upon being hit while using Ultimate.
“Rambert is a Marksman Legend who uses his Cluster Shot to deal massive damage to up-close opponents and send them flying away. However, his Attack’s knockback was too strong and had to be adjusted. Rambert’s Skill cooldown has been reduced as well, allowing him to charge into opponents more frequently.”
- Decreased max damage’s knockback by approximately 10%.
- Cooldown decreased. 6 s → 5 s
“Cindy has been nerfed several times now. However, high-level players continued to find ways to circumvent her weakness and exploit her speed. They equip Cindy with Ultimate-specific Abilities in order to turn their mistakes into opportunities and even avoid being hit after whiffing attacks. In response, we have slightly decreased Cindy’s HP because she still remains strong in top-level plays. Now, Cindy will have to be more cautious about avoiding opponents’ attacks due to her HP being lowered.”
- HP decreased. 4100 → 4000
“Hook is unable to perform any other action until she lands from her Aerial Skill. This gives other Legends a chance to punish her if she fails to land a hit. ”
- Recovery time for Aerial Attacks increased by 0.17 s.
[Whirlwind of Neverland]
- Ultimate gauge increased. 1800 → 2000
[Earth Roaring Sword]
“Peter’s Ultimate Ability, which had great utility and damage, is also nerfed. The total damage output of the Aerial Skill and Aerial Attack combo is decreased.”
- Before: The shockwave pulls opponents in when used as Aerial Skill and deals 200/300/400/500/600 damage.
- After: The shockwave pulls opponents in when used as Aerial Skill and deals 200/250/300/350/400 damage.
“Red’s stealth capabilities made facing her a challenge. However, Red’s Skill Attack is now more difficult to hit as we increased the start-up time of her Wolf Slash.
Aerial Skill’s damage is also reduced because Aerial Attack can connect immediately after her Aerial Skill, despite the fact that the damage is the same for both Ground and Aerial Skills. ”
- Ground Skill start-up time increased by 0.034 s.
- Aerial Skill start-up time increased by 0.034 s.
- Aerial Skill damage decreased. 700 → 600
“Robin is a popular Marksman Legend with Assassin traits, popular among high-ranked players. As a Marksman, his high damage output can be lethal if the opponent shows any sign of an opening. However, Robin’s combo of firing an Aerial Attack just before landing, and then doing a Ground Attack was far too simple to execute in comparison to its high damage. It was also difficult for opponents to respond to. Maybe it is because he’s been called into combat so frequently lately, or maybe his knees are getting older. Whatever the case may be, Robin now needs some additional time to recover from landing.”
- Aerial Skill recovery time after landing increased. 0.15 s → 0.3 s
- An issue about the Streamer Mission ability not working properly when hitting multiple players at same time will be fixed.
- An issue about Zeppetta’s attack not being used because the buffer time expires if Zeppetta attacks immediately after using ultimate.