5/10(Tue) Update Notes
Hello, this is SMASH LEGENDS!
On Tuesday, May 10th, the game will undergo maintenance for a new update.
Please keep in mind that you will not be able to access the game during maintenance.
✅ Maintenance Period
- – 2022/05/10 04:00 ~ 10:59 (UTC+0)
→ 2022/05/10 13:00 ~ 19:59 (KST)
*Maintenance period may be subject to change.
Below are details on the changes to be made in the update.
*All screenshots were taken on the test server, and may differ from the official release.
Please refer below for details.
✨ New Update ✨
📹 New Legend Added
- New Legend [Wukong] added.
Wukong rejoiced when Umbra kidnapped Tang Sanzang, but the Golden Fillet wrapped around his head by Sanzang’s spell remained. Wukong has set out to accomplish good deeds and rescue Tang Sanzang by joining the SMASH LEGENDS, believing that proving he was good even without Sanzang around would remove the headband.
[Wukong ’s Skill-set]
1) Master of the Staff (Basic Attack, Attack Count: 2 hits)
: Does 3 quick jabs with his staff, then leaps forward to slam it down, dealing 600 damage. When used as Aerial Skill, thrusts staff in all directions and deals 350 damage.
2) Easy! (Skill)
: Sweeps up opponent, dealing 650 damage. Charges forward while spinning the staff, dealing 600 damage when used as Aerial Skill.
3) Expand! (Ultimate)
: Wukong extends his staff to attack. If the attack hits, Wukong will ride his staff into the attack. Deals 800 total damage.
[Wukong’s Abilities (At Level 1)]
1) Dope Clip
: Increases damage of all attacks by 12% when Ultimate is available.
2) For That Seamless Audio
: Increases Movement Speed by 12% when not receiving damage for 3 s.
3) Streamer Mission
: Increases Ultimate damage by 12% when hitting an opponent with Skill. This effect stacks up to 40%.
4) A Miraculous Comeback
: Increases damage by 18% when HP is below 30%, and restores 8% of HP when smashing an opponent. When Wukong smashes an opponent while Ability effect is active, the effect lasts until Wukong is smashed.
5) Behold! The Great Sage, Heaven’s Equal!
: Increases damage of all attacks by 20% for 40 s when game starts. Smashing an opponent while effect is active will refresh the duration.
[How to Obtain Wukong]
– Wukong is available as a reward for reaching Stage 10 of the paid Smash Pass Chapter 2.
– After Smash Pass Chapter 2 concludes, Wukong will be available in the Shop for purchase with Gems or Credits.
[Beginning of Smash Pass Chapter 2]
– Smash Pass Regular Season, [Chapter 2: Ready for the Beat!!] begins.
: The season notification page will be displayed in-game when you first login after the update.
: You can view the new Smash Pass Toon by pressing the “Smash Pass Toon” button at the Smash Pass page.
: You can obtain Skins, Profile Icons, Fashion Items, Revive Effects, Booster Items, and much more by progressing the Smash Pass.
: You can obtain the new Legend, “Wukong”, after purchasing the paid Smash Pass and reaching Stage 10.
– There are two ways to use Gems to purchase the paid Smash Pass.
: Method 1: Spend 200 Gems and unlock additional rewards.
: Method 2: Spend 300 Gems to unlock additional rewards and start progression from Stage 10.
When starting from Stage 10, you will obtain the new Legend “Wukong” immediately upon purchase.
– The Pass’ reward Stage will go up by completing Daily Quests and Chapter Quests.
: Daily Quests will renew every day, and there are 4 types in total.
: Chapter Quests will be gradually added in, and there will be various types of Quests.
🎊 New Content: Arena Lab 🎊
– A new content [Arena Lab] has been added.
– Arena Lab is a unique feature that allows our players to enjoy various modes that were previously unavailable in the game. Meet fellow Smashers across the globe and play a diverse collection of new modes!
❓ Arena Lab Requirements
– You must meet the following requirement in order to participate in Arena Lab.
Requirement: Smasher level 7 or higher
❓ Arena Lab Details
– A new mode is selected to play every week (switches every seven days).
– The pool from which each mode is selected includes both previous and new modes with new rules.
– Modes available for Arena Lab may be subject to change with each update.
✔ Please check out the “SMASH LEGENDS Library Guide” for more details regarding Arena Lab and its modes you can play!
🥉🥈🥇Competitive Match Season 1 Conclusion🥇🥈🥉
– The first season for the Competitive Match has finished with a bang!
– We are distributing rewards to Smashers who participated in Season 1 based on their tiers!
– Special rewards are also available to those who played 20 Competitive Matches or more regardless of their tiers.
– Use awesome Competitive Match-only rewards to show off your skills!
– For improved gameplay purposes, we are implementing some changes to the penalty mechanics for future seasons.
■ Changes to the Conditions for Participating in Competitive Match
– Smasher Level 15 or higher & 6 or more Legends of level 8 or higher.
■ Competitive Match Quit Penalty Changes
– Penalties imposed for disconnecting during gameplay have been changed.
– 5 or fewer disconnects: Excluded from matchmaking for 1 minute
– 6–10 disconnects: Excluded from matchmaking for 5 minutes, -10 tier points
– 11 or more disconnects: Excluded from matchmaking for 30 minutes, -25 tier points
– Effective May 10th at the beginning of maintenance for update, top 100 players from Season 1 will be decorated with “Legendary” tier.
– Tier points collected over the course of Season 1 are scheduled to reset.
– Competitive Match rewards will be delivered to Mailbox and cannot be claimed after the expiration date.
– Profile frame tier rewards are equippable only until the duration of next season.
🧥 New Legend Skins
– New Legend skin theme “Hellion” has been added.
– Equipping “Hellion” skins will change your Legends’ effects to the theme exclusive in-game effects and spotlight effects!
– Check out the all new skins with all new features!
ㄴ Dancer of Darkness & Ballerina of Darkness (Cindy)
ㄴ Whisper of the Moon & Blessed Mother of Darkness (Nui)
ㄴ Prince of Darkness & Lord of Darkness (Snow)
– Here are also new skins for other Legends!
ㄴ Black Phantom (Robin)
ㄴ Secret Agent Cat (Master Cat)
ㄴ Spec Ops Oni (Kurenai)
ㄴ Sheep of Chaos (Lambert)
– New skins are found in Shop, and you can practice using Legends equipped with them.
– Purchase Skin Packages for a better value.
🌐 Discord Join Event
– Join our official SMASH LEGENDS Discord server!
– Our Discord server features multiple channels where you can do all kinds of fun things related to the game!
Come and meet Smashers from all around the world and engage in many activities: find parties, share fan arts, post gameplay highlights, and much more.
– And don’t skip the opportunity to earn 5,000 Credits just by joining the server!
– For more info on how to join, check out the event pop-up window found in-game!
– The event pop-up window can be seen in the Lobby screen.
– Only one Smasher Code can be used for one Discord account.
💠 New Dominion Map
– A new map Unlicensed Zeppetta Factory – Sunset has been added for Dominion!
– Be sure to try it out along with its fresh new gimmick!
⚡ Changes and Improvements ⚡
🚔 Report Feature Added
– You can report other players in the [Battle Log] found under menu and during the post-game results screen.
– Report a user by selecting the user name and then pressing [Report] button.
– To report someone, you must include the email address and the reason for reporting.
💬 Improved Friends Menu
– The Friends menu button has been relocated to the left side of the screen.
– The Friends menu’s reworked pop-up window contains multiple new features and allows for a longer list of friends to be displayed at once.
– Use the memo feature to put your friends into different categories.
– Friends marked as “favorite” are displayed at the top of the list.
– You can send and receive messages with a friend.
– Use your keyboard to type in your message.
– When a new message arrives, the friend who sent it appears in the friends list.
– Messages from friends are also displayed in the Lobby.
– Your friends list now displays up to 100 names.
– You can send or accept team invites via Friends pop-up window.
– You can see how many players are in your friend’s team.
– We have limited the maximum number of players you can add to your friends list to 100 in order to prevent potential problems that may arise as the game’s social features become more complex.
We have seen many Smashers having more than 100 friends in their lists. We are planning to readjust the number of players you can add to the list in the next update for more stable gameplay. Only 100 friends who have logged in most recently will remain in your list. This adjustment is for the game’s stability purposes. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your understanding.
■ Additional Modes for Custom Matches
– New modes have become available for Custom Matches!
– Go to Custom Match and discover multiple new modes to play!
– Team Deathmatch, Duo Deathmatch, and Crown Guard among others are back!
– Duel and Battle Royale can now be played in Custom Matches only.
– Custom Matches do not grant Experience Points.
– While Duel and Battle Royale were always available as standard modes, the two can now be played in Custom Matches only.
■ Changed Welcome Rewards for New Smashers
– 1-day Experience Booster for day-3 reward has been swapped out for 3-day Credit Booster.
– 1-day Experience Booster for day-6 reward has been swapped out for 10,000 Credits.
■ New Seasonal Trial Legends
– Seasonal Trial Legends have been renewed (four Legends).
■ Previous Skin-only MVP Effects
– MVP effects have been added exclusively for previously released Halloween and Christmas-themed skins.
– Affected skins (Legend: skin name)
- Peter: Pumpkin Monster, Golden Pumpkin Monster, Sweet Pumpkin Monster
- Cindy: Toy Delivery Girl, Winter Delivery Girl, Night Delivery Girl
- Hook: Crow Doctor, Suspicious Crow Doctor, Secretive Crow Doctor
- Ducky and Swan: Toy Royal Guard, Winter Royal Guard, Blizzard Royal Guard
- Flare: Fairy of Warmth, Winter Fairy, Toy Fairy
- Ravi: Hell Dokkaebi, Dark Dokkaebi, Frost Dokkaebi
- Don Quixote: Snowman Guardian, Guardian of Innocence, Winter Guardian
■ Capture Area for Dominion Points
– The inconsistency between the apparent capture area for Dominion Points and the actual capture area has been fixed, and should confuse the players no more.
■ Smasher Level-up Reward System Changes
– Earn 1,000 Credits for every Smasher Level-up
– The credit cap does not reset anymore with Smasher Level-up
🛠 Bug Fixes 🛠
– Fixed an issue where Don Quixote’s Ultimate caused unintended damage reflection when used near a wall created by Brick’s Skill augmented with his Ultimate Ability.
– Fixed an issue where repeatable rewards in Smash Pass would sometimes appear as if they were claimable.
– The MVP audio should now run properly when the player is equipped with Halo skins which were sold since last update.
ㄴ Sun Guardian Ravi & Guardian of Light Ravi
ㄴ Hero Glacia Witch Queen & Queen Glacia Witch Queen
ㄴ Golden Savior Rapunzel & Golden Helper Rapunzel
– Removed the black bars on both sides of the screen for certain Android devices.
– The initial matchmaking screen will now indicate the correct number of players connected.
– Addressed the issue where Battle Logs would display “seconds” only when the match length is under one minute.
– You can now properly close chat windows by pressing ESC or Return in the matchmaking screen.
❗Any and all details of the update may be subject to change.